SpiralShowdown
Welcome! Make sure to check out any recently opened tournaments to get started!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SpiralShowdown
Welcome! Make sure to check out any recently opened tournaments to get started!
SpiralShowdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1. N/A

2.N/A

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. N/A

Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments!

+2
danisop
Lucas Kidd
6 posters

Go down

Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments! Empty Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments!

Post by Lucas Kidd Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 am

Ok, so there has been quite a bit of discussion when it comes to the 2v2 Tournaments. Many of it has been about fog, which we're still testing weekly, but also some behind the scenes topics. Due to seeing many reoccurring patterns in the 2v2 Tournaments, I will be setting in place a few new rules which should now balance everything out so that no matter what team you are, the chances of winning are placed in the hands of you and your partner, not companions, not summons. With that being said, here's some of the changes I am applying to this weeks 2v2 Tournament!

=============================================================================

1. Any banner is banned in the 2v2 Tournament(Beast Banner/Class Banner/Etc.). This does NOT ban you from having the item EQUIPPED, it simply bans the banner from being placed!

2. Double Privy is banned in the 2v2 Tournaments from now on! The fellow showdown masters and myself have agreed on this due to the fact that 10+ forts is way too broken, along with 2-4 absorbs depending on gear.

3. This week we will be making it so you can only have 1 shield on when under fog(To clarify, this means that Fog is counted as a protection buff in 2v2-4v4 Tournaments ONLY. Tritons song does not count as a protection buff, so something like Fog + Tritons + Valor's shield is ALLOWED, but Fog + valor's shield + valor's fortress is BANNED). Shoutout to Noble Wolf Hawkins for coming up with this idea, I personally see it as the best way to keep fog useful, but not broken at the same time!

4. You may only have 1 NAUSICA per team during the 2v2 Tournament! We made this rule due to the fact that double Nausica is a guaranteed 6 critical hits from anywhere within her range of 7 movement. Nausica's power; Centaur Charge, is still banned.

5. I would LOVE to inform all of you that the 2v2 Tournaments will now be STARTING at 3:30pm Est.! I feel as if this will be useful for everyone, allowing more people to compete, and easing the stress off of myself and other tournament masters, being they usually end at 10:30-12, and it's a school night for us! We love hanging out with you guys, but it's still tiresome only getting 5 hours of sleep then waking to go to school!

All of the previous rules are still in place and enforced, these are just the new rules that we hope will balance things out a bit!

Let me remind you all how much your support means to us Showdown Masters, we love seeing the big turnouts to our tournaments each week and everyone having fun. I myself love to see the great sportsmanship between you all, even in this highly competitive scene! Thank you all for participating in each of these tournaments, and for those who simply watch, thank you as well, you guys bring the crowds that make these tournaments grow! So everyone, if you are at a tournament of ours, invite friends, invite anyone on your list, good or bad at pvp! We want pvp to be fun for everyone, and will expand ourselves to make sure even the people who just hit level 65 know and want to join the tournaments!

Again, thank you all for your participation and hard work! Have a piratey day,
Lucas Kidd  pirat  pirat  pirat
Lucas Kidd
Lucas Kidd

Back to top Go down

Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments! Empty Ty lucas

Post by danisop Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:02 am

Thank you Lucas, but making all the class balanced. Truly i had trouble dealing with double nausica on my musket the double privy just spam them and gg my whole team thank again!

danisop

Back to top Go down

Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments! Empty Re: Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments!

Post by TheRealest Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Man every strategy we do is constantly getting nerfed.. Next thing I bet is no privateer and witch doctors, after that Darius and Jose are banned from tournaments lol, jk jk hehe but in all honesty I didn't see any class banners other than from yesterday's tournament and tbh they didn't play too big of a role, lastly 0_o Lucas fix my tour wins pls? Lml it should be 3 Razz
TheRealest
TheRealest

Back to top Go down

Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments! Empty Re: Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments!

Post by Lucas Kidd Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Well Darius, I didn't think it wise to count the 2v2 from yesterday as a win, being you guys literally only had 1 match. I hope you can see my view on that, but if it truly is a bother, I'll put you as 3 wins. Either way, there will MOST LIKELY not be anymore rules added onto 2v2 Tournaments, this basically balances everything. We tried to make it so that people who don't even have nausica, or crown companions in general still have a chance. Need to think about everyone as a whole, whilst also not banning everything under the sun. Thus I tried to balance, and not completely nerf. The only thing "nerfed" is the double privateer which, you know was broken to begin with, every other thing was simply restricted to a minimal due to the fact not everyone is able to obtain gear/companions. Hope to see you and Jose still participating!
Lucas Kidd
Lucas Kidd

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:35 pm

@TheRealest the 2v2 tournament won't be counted towards statistics as there wasn't a big turn out compared to normal and the matches were very skewed causing some teams to have a very short road to the finals unlike normally. Please accept our dearest apologies as this is nothing to do with you and Chris personally but more or less to make tournament wins a bit more of a trophy then "Oh we won 1 match yay free tournament wins" which is what that would've shown.
Orange
Orange
Admin

https://spiralshowdown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Big changes to the 2v2 Tournaments! Empty Schedule conflicts with my pet morphing event and Spiral Showdown.

Post by Edward Teach Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi there, guys. Very Happy

I read the part about the tournament starting at 3:30 pm Est. That was the time I had scheduled for my pet morphing event. I already announced it in my video, so I might have to be at that instead of Spiral Showdown. Maybe I should try doing an announcement video telling my YouTube audience that I had to reschedule the event?  In the future when do you think it would be a good time to schedule my pet morphing events?

Thanks for viewing my post. Very Happy

-Edward Teach
Edward Teach
Edward Teach

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9EzWwsPRG36jdoepqIX6fA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Kidd Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 am

@Edward Teach, I know that it may be conflicting with your morphing event, but my thoughts on that time are pretty much solid on 3:30, but you also have to remember that you can show up to the tournament 15mins late, not to mention the pet cooldown timer is 10mins. So you'd have time to get 1 morph in no matter what, and maybe start a little earlier with that, and you should be able to get 2-3 in before the start of the tournament. I hope everything works out for you and your morphing, good luck and see you at the next tournament!
Lucas Kidd
Lucas Kidd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealest Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:14 am

It's no problem, we will still be participating, and yeah 1 match win was kinda crazy I guess but Malcolm's friend had to go, it's fine if you disregard the win as I see where your coming from. And it definitely is true that double privy is more than broken, so that's that. Hope to see you all in future tournaments

As always "have a piratey day" Lucas lol
TheRealest
TheRealest

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphastaire Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Ah, the time goes down instead of up. Quite unfortunate for me. Oh well. I can wait for the day that I can actually participate. (Which will probably never happen, but I can always at least give advice here.)
Alphastaire
Alphastaire

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/member.php?22760-doomrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down